Friday, December 12, 2008

Facebook Virus Warning!


I occasionally use Facebook, but was surprised to hear about this virus called "Koobface." Evidently it has been out there for awhile, but I haven't seen anything sent by Facebook that mentions it.


Awhile back Mrs. B received a number of very, well, let's just say that they were not really appropriate, coming from a certain mutual, male friend. You get the idea. Anyway, his computer was infected by a virus and he hurriedly sent out an email apologizing for the spam. What infected his computer could very well have been this virus.


There is a link in the NY Times article to Facebook's security page (never even knew they had one until now), but here it is in case you didn't read the article: http://www.facebook.com/security


1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Yep...the "messages" listed in that article are the exact same ones that came from our friend.

I guess the best thing to do is never click on a link from a "Facebook" email, even if it looks legit (notifications).

I'm glad that, for whatever reason, I did not click on the link in our friend's "emails" because I would have launched a thousand trojans!