Friday, February 22, 2008

Just me and Clyde

Well, Mrs. B. is in Florida with Lucy so it is just us boys at home.

Clyde, as you all probably know, has been a little under the weather. But, so far so good. He has been quite the attention hog when I've gotten home from work each night. Last night I decided that I would just read in bed and it was all I could do to see my book. He kept trying to get between my head and the book so that I would pet him. I probably "read" for about 2 hours and didn't get more than 10 pages into the book. Hmm, maybe it was the book! I am starting to read Ceasar Milan's second book about dogs so that might be it. If it was about cats he might not have minded. :-)

Well, anyhow, I got home tonight and dutifully went upstairs and gave him a few pets as well as supper. Then went back down and made a martini and started with email when I thought that, you know, I should just go get Clyde and bring him downstairs. So I did.

I sat back down and put Clyde in my lap, after having paraded him around the entire downstairs to show him that his nemesis, Lucy, wasn't here. He jumped down pretty quickly, as he usually does, but wandered around downstairs. He then crouched on the rug at the foot of the stairs, being very vigilant. It was almost like he couldn't believe that the dog wasn't here!

Right now he is sitting on my lap, after having explored one more time on his own. He must have decided in that cat brain of his that everything is okay. The only thing that I wish was different is that he didn't breath that god awful, fishy smell in my face every time he talks to me.


Yes, Mrs. B., the Cldyster ate some tuna and egg tonight. Warmed it up in the microwave - yum, yum!!!!
Clyde and me at the table
in front of the computer

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I love the picture! And, I'm so glad you were able to get him downstairs for a bit. Yeah, he probably thinks Lucy is lurking around the corner just waiting to come into view and piss him off.

His breath can smell bad! And, he's known to be quite jealous of books. I'm surprised he hasn't pulled your glasses off your face!

I'm also happy he's eating some things!

You are a good "dad", Mr. B!

Margot said...

So glad to read that Clyde is doing well & enjoying his vacation away from Lucy.

Mr. B said...

Well, hopefully, he will continue to eat!